8th Grade Dance
Dear 8th Grade Parents and Students-
The annual 8th Grade Dance will be held on Friday, May 4th from 6:30pm-9:00pm and plans are underway to make it a phenomenal and memorable event. The dance will be held in the CMS gym with light snacks in the cafeteria. We will not be serving dinner so please be sure and feed your students before they arrive. Some of the highlights of the dance will include a DJ, photo stations, and other fun surprises!
This special dance and 8th grade only event is self-funded through the ticket sales for the dance. Please encourage your student to attend and enjoy this memorable evening with their classmates. We would like to have 100% of our 8th graders attend!
We are happy to announce that payments can be made through Paypal this year. Once you register, you will be prompted to click the Paypal link to make your payment. However, if this is not an option for you, you may submit payment in the form of check or money order which should be turned into the CMS front office. Checks should be payable to CMS PTA with 8th grade dance and your student name in the subject line. The google permission form per the link in the email must also be signed to allow attendance. No payments will be accepted after Monday, April 23rd, 2018, 4:30pm, nor will payments be accepted at the event.
The dance ticket price is $25 per student. Please pay by PayPal or submit a check or money order payable to CMS PTA. NO Cash, please.
Details to keep in mind:
- A detailed dress code as well as behavior expectations is attached. Attire will be checked by CMS administration prior to entering the event.
- The ticket price is all-inclusive. No additional money is needed.
- We will be offering a “coat” check area for jackets, sweaters and shoes. No valuables will be accepted at coat check.
- Drop-off will be from 6:15pm-6:45pm and pick-up will be promptly at 9pm. You do not need to check your student in personally, however, they MUST have a signed permission slip on file by April 27 or they will be turned away.
- No paperwork or payment will be accepted at the entrance on May 4th.
- Students are not allowed to walk home by themselves and must be picked up by a parent or carpool.
Thank you so much for your support. It’s going to be a great night to celebrate our students as they complete the next milestone in their educational life!
Warm Regards and thanks for your support,
The 8th Grade Dance Committee
· Girls: An age-appropriate party dress is suitable. NO strapless, NO backless, NO revealing neck-lines, NO short dresses (3” above the knee) and long dresses must not touch the floor. Girls MUST have a wrap, shrug or jacket on at all times if spaghetti strap styles are worn. A wrap must be secured in a manner that will allow for it to cover the shoulders and stay in place throughout the dance. Formal attire is not appropriate. Flat soled or wedge shoes are suggested. We recommend you not bring a purse, but if necessary, wear the cross body style that you can keep with you.
· Boys: NO shorts or t-shirts, NO sandals, and NO tuxes. Polo style collar or dress shirt with slacks are appropriate. Jacket and tie are also appropriate, but optional.
· Any student who is not appropriately dressed will not be allowed to enter. School administrators will make the final decision in regards to the appropriateness of dress.
Behavior Expectations and Regulations
· The dance starts at 6:30pm. Any student arriving after 7pm must have a parent walk him/her into the building for check-in with an administrator.
· Students must check-in immediately with a teacher or administrator in front of the building before entering. No inappropriate objects are allowed. This would include any object considered a weapon under Fulton County School Policy.
· The dance ends PROMPTLY at 9pm. Students will be dismissed through the front of the building and must be picked up in front of CMS by their parents NO LATER than 9pm. No student will be allowed to walk home! Traffic during the pick-up time is heavy; safety is our main concern. Please be patient and considerate during the pickup-process. Carpooling is recommended and encouraged.
· Students must attend school and stay the entire day on May 20th. No early checkouts will be allowed, unless accompanied by a signed medical excuse. Students who checked out for a medical reason must present a doctor’s note at the dance.
· Any student who is assigned in-school or out-of-school suspension on May 20th will NOT be allowed to attend the dance.
· Students must stay in designated areas. These areas include the gym, cafeteria, the hall and the restroom. No students will be allowed outside the designated areas.
· Limousines/party buses are not allowed.
· No student is allowed to leave the dance early, unless his/her parent(s) comes into the building and checks the student out through an administrator.
· Students are expected to behave in a manner that is in accordance with school protocols. Dance movements/gestures that are considered lewd, obscene, or indecent are strictly prohibited. Violators will be removed from the dance immediately. School administrators will make the final decision in regards to the appropriateness of dance.
· ALL FULTON COUNTY AND SCHOOL rules will be in effect. Violations will result in disciplinary action and involvement of law enforcement if necessary.
Students must have an electronic permission slip on file by April 27th in order to attend the dance. No student will be admitted without having completed the permission:
Please keep this page for reference. Permission slip can be found at the following link: www.bit.ly/8thGradeDanceReg