8th Grade Dance
CALLING ALL 8TH GRADERS! It is finally time! You ALL have been waiting for three long years - now it is YOUR turn. It's the 8TH GRADE DANCE!!
FRIDAY MAY 3, 2019 from 6:30-9:00 p.m.
PLOT TWIST!!! Prizes will be raffled off throughout the night. Prizes include candy, gift cards and a a few surprises. Purchase your tickets by April 19th to receive 3 raffle tickets, the following week through April 26th to for 2 raffle tickets, then through May 1st for 1 raffle ticket! Tickets will NOT be available at the door! So buy your 8th Grade Dance tickets early for a night to remember and to have the opportunity to win a few prizes along the way!
You may be asking - what steps do I need to take to ensure my 8th grader is able to attend this super fun evening celebrating the completion of middle school? TWO easy steps!
- STEP 1 - Fill out the Registration and permission form required by CMS administration ASAP - deadline is May 1. Rules and dress code are provided on the registration form.
Please click the following link to fill out the required form: CMS 8th Grade Dance & Celebration May 3, 2019 6:30 - 9:00 pm
- STEP 2 - Pay the $25 ticket price ($30 after April 26) by PayPal or check. PayPal preferred - NO CASH PLEASE. All payments must be received by May 1 in order to attend. If paying by check, please submit check to the front office in an envelope marked "8TH GRADE DANCE" with your student's name and homeroom noted on the envelope.
Please pay by the preferred PayPal method if at all possible - please click on the following link for easy payment:
FYI - the dance is self funded so please register and pay as soon as possible to ensure the committee is able make this dance as special as possible for these 8th graders that have worked so hard during their years at Crabapple! If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com Details will also be coming out soon for parents who would like to help with donations or decorating!!
Your 8th grade dance committee
· Girls: An age-appropriate party dress is suitable. NO strapless, NO backless, NO revealing neck-lines, NO short dresses (3” above the knee) and long dresses must not touch the floor. Girls MUST have a wrap, shrug or jacket on at all times if spaghetti strap styles are worn. A wrap must be secured in a manner that will allow for it to cover the shoulders and stay in place throughout the dance. Formal attire is not appropriate. Flat soled or wedge shoes are suggested. We recommend you not bring a purse, but if necessary, wear the cross body style that you can keep with you.
· Boys: NO shorts or t-shirts, NO sandals, and NO tuxes. Polo style collar or dress shirt with slacks are appropriate. Jacket and tie are also appropriate, but optional.
· Any student who is not appropriately dressed will not be allowed to enter. School administrators will make the final decision in regards to the appropriateness of dress.
Behavior Expectations and Regulations
· The dance starts at 6:30pm. Any student arriving after 7pm must have a parent walk him/her into the building for check-in with an administrator.
· Students must check-in immediately with a teacher or administrator in front of the building before entering. No inappropriate objects are allowed. This would include any object considered a weapon under Fulton County School Policy.
· The dance ends PROMPTLY at 9pm. Students will be dismissed through the front of the building and must be picked up in front of CMS by their parents NO LATER than 9pm. No student will be allowed to walk home! Traffic during the pick-up time is heavy; safety is our main concern. Please be patient and considerate during the pickup-process. Carpooling is recommended and encouraged.
· Students must attend school and stay the entire day on May 20th. No early checkouts will be allowed, unless accompanied by a signed medical excuse. Students who checked out for a medical reason must present a doctor’s note at the dance.
· Any student who is assigned in-school or out-of-school suspension on May 20th will NOT be allowed to attend the dance.
· Students must stay in designated areas. These areas include the gym, cafeteria, the hall and the restroom. No students will be allowed outside the designated areas.
· Limousines/party buses are not allowed.
· No student is allowed to leave the dance early, unless his/her parent(s) comes into the building and checks the student out through an administrator.
· Students are expected to behave in a manner that is in accordance with school protocols. Dance movements/gestures that are considered lewd, obscene, or indecent are strictly prohibited. Violators will be removed from the dance immediately. School administrators will make the final decision in regards to the appropriateness of dance.
· ALL FULTON COUNTY AND SCHOOL rules will be in effect. Violations will result in disciplinary action and involvement of law enforcement if necessary.
Students must have an electronic permission slip on file by April 27th in order to attend the dance. No student will be admitted without having completed the permission:
Please keep this page for reference. Permission slip can be found at the following link: www.bit.ly/8thGradeDanceReg