Fulton County Schools Volunteer Information
We appreciate our volunteers.
Volunteers assist front office personnel by answering phones, checking students in/out, accepting items that are dropped off, etc. Shifts are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Heather Sorensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help students check out books, shelve books, update bulletin boards, and work on special projects throughout the year. The greatest need for volunteers is during lunch and homeroom between 11:30-1:30. If you can't make it then, you are welcome to come in before or after. You do not need to commit to a 2 hour block. This is a very flexible, low key volunteer job at CMS and your help is much appreciated. Email Lauren Kelly at email@example.com for more information and/or to be added to the sign up genius.
Husky Hut, which is located in the cafeteria is a CMS PTA sponsored store that sells (tax-free) basic school and locker supplies to CMS students. Volunteer hours are from 8:15-8:55 a.m.
Please contact Husky Hut co-chairs Ann Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dana Moore at email@example.com.
Fulton County Schools recently introduced the Raptor system which streamlines the volunteer registration process while enhancing the student and school protection elements. Before volunteering at Crabapple for the first time in 2018-2019:
1. Visit School Safety where you will be guided through a registration process and take a mandatory child abuse virtual training. (see clip below) This will take less than 10 minutes and you will need to have your driver’s license and Make/Model/Plate # of any car you may park at the school. This process will take care of volunteering activities for other schools you volunteer at in Fulton County.
2. You will receive a confirmation email after completing the process.
3. Upon visiting the school(s) for the first time as a volunteer this year, you will present your ID for scanning and printing of a name badge.
4. Each time you volunteer after that you can simply log in at the office/volunteer Raptor on site computer!
We look forward to you sharing your talents and time with our school.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Complete the Mandatory Child Abuse Virtual Training.
2. Complete the volunteer information form.
3. Wait for an confirmation email from Raptor.
4. Visit the school and begin volunteering.
1. Enter your full name as it appears on your state-issued ID.
2. Take your ID to the school each time you visit the school.